Sunday 15 March 2009

Sandstone Trail pt2

Well I couldn't wait until next weekend to try out the boots (everybody had an excuse this weekend except me - perhaps that just means they have a social life and I don't!).



Anyway I went on stage 2 of the Sandstone Trail - this bit was around the Delamere Forest area. Because the sections are circular walks, doing the whole 32 mile trail is going to take me more than double that number of miles to complete but then who wants to do 32 miles in one go?!

So set off from Barns Bridge car park at 9:00am (did it slightly different from what the book suggests but it just makes the parking easier), and wandered up the Delamere Way to get back to the point of the Sandstone Trail where I broke off it last time. Of course, doing it this way means I also cover a big chunk of the Delamere Way as well (and some parts of the Eddisbury Way!). Three hours walking in glorious sunshine. First time this year I've only had to have two layers on and no fleece. Pretty straightforward walk but a few sweaty uphill bits.


Still of course the aim was to try the boots. Well, it went well. They felt a bit weird at first with them having such a stiff sole. You get a sort of rolling effect as you walk. But after half an hour I got used to them and they seem fine. Heavier than my usual boots and I did feel this on the old calves. Just means more training!


More pictures at http://picasaweb.google.com/gough.chris1/SandstoneTrailPt2?feat=directlink (although even though it was a pleasant walk there weren't that many views!)

1 comment:

Please feel free to enter a comment